by Rachel Falbo, LPC, LMFT-A
In the hustle and bustle that goes along with Summer vacation, it can be hard to really live the balanced life that we so desperately desire. Summer camps, work, extracurricular activities, family vacations, wedding season, and deadlines, mean sometimes our life can get lopsided. So how do we get the balanced life that we crave? Below are six areas that are needed to help us live our life in a healthy fulfilling way!
– Need for friendship, for companionship
– Need for sleep, food, and exercise
– Need for love, for praise, for feeling worthwhile
– Need to know that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and that we can increase our awareness of it and the sensitivity to it
– Need for intellectual stimulation, for thinking new thoughts, for learning something new
– Need to make something, to dance, to write a poem, to create something
A balanced life doesn’t happen overnight. It is something that I work on every day. A balanced life starts with making a healthy, conscious decision every day to work on you, and put you first!